Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

the forbidden apple


...alright so, let's talk about how i'm flushing my money down the drain. as i mentioned yesterday, i'm seeing a nutritionist, his last orders were: cut down on sugar, no sweets, no processed foods, no tortillas and only eat ezekial bread. the very next day, i did pretty good. well balanced breakfast? check. healthy snack? check. nutritious lunch? check. after 3pm, it was all down hill.

i went for a walk to my friend's office, and there it was a homemade double chocolate brownie. i almost stopped for a moment, but then i realized, who am i kidding? i have no self-control and one little brownie won't hurt? why is it when you can't have something, you want it even more?

then it was time for dinner. i recently re enrolled in school (that's a whole other topic i'd like to discuss, but we'll eventually get there), and haven't got the whole eating regimen down yet. eat before or after class? before class would mean packing my breakfast, lunch & dinner to work. after class would mean waiting till 9pm to make my own dinner. anyway, i already messed up w/the brownie-why not have some chicken tenders from sonic? i was proud of myself for opting the apples instead of fries but who am i kidding?

next morning, not all that better. daddy made breakfast and of course he made chorizo and egg tacos. he also packed it in a bag for me, oh my daddy's the best! i debated whether to eat the taco the whole way to work. then i realized it was friday and we're still in lenten season and i can eat meat--there was my easy out. wrong, i thought it would be an even worse sin if i threw it away, so you guessed it-i ate it.
ate a fish sandwich and fries for lunch..........and for dinner, well, we attended one of danny's (danny is my boyfriend) best friends going away party at a lake house. what did they serve, barbecue! i wasn't trying to sin 2 times in 1 day, so i waited til midnight to eat the chicken! it was delicious! oh yeah, and i washed it down with...ahem, a few beers. then of course on the way home, stopped for another 2 bean & cheese tacos (thanks baby). this is going to look real great on my food log i'm submitting to my dr.

wish me luck today, another birthday on the agenda plus dinner w/my best friend.

No comments :

Post a Comment